Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ready to Fly the Coop!

One week and counting until I head back to Scotland to join Youth With A Mission in my staff position! Time has flown by being here at home, but I'm ready to get back in action and continue my work with the Scottish people and the new students that come to the Seamill Base.

These past two weeks have been so amazing by watching and enjoying what God is doing in my own home town. I've had a ton of great conversations about my plans with friends and family, and I'm really starting to see a blossoming relationship with so many people. It really seems like when your ready to leave a place for some time people can't get enough of you and want all your attention, but when you're at home for MONTHS everybody is busy!! :)

It's definitely sad leaving home, family, friends, and our dog Ziggy ;), but I know without a doubt Scotland is THE place I'm supposed to be in this next year. I'm ready to once again call myself a missionary for the Lord and dive into a culture that needs God in their lives. That's right, the Scots need God, no matter how Westernized they seem every country needs to know about Jesus and the relationship He is crying out for us to have with Him! So...for me to do this and follow the calling God has given me I really need your prayers right now! I am still waiting for my visa to come in the mail. The British Consulate has received a lot of visa applications this summer and it's taking awhile for them to process them all. My flight leaves out on Wed August 25th at 3:35. Before that time and date comes up I need my friends and family to keep praying for me that my visa WILL show up in this next week. I need it to come by Tuesday the 24th so I don't have to pose pone my flight and go through a big headache with the airlines.

Now I truly believe that the power of prayer works, and if we all say a quick one anytime I pop into your mind, that will just keep jumping me up in front of the visa line! I'm also still in the process of raising monthly financial support so I can continue to be involved in my ministry in Scotland. I would love for you guys to pray about this and think of partnering with me and what God is doing in and through me in my ministry overseas. I am covered on my plane flight and visa fee but I still need to raise $450 a month to stay in Scotland and be a staff member. If you feel led to help me you can donate money straight into my Paypal account or send a check to my home address.

If anyone wants to be pen pals and I don't have your address let me know (katienbeck@yahoo.com). I would love to stay in contact with you through snail mail (you feel so much more special when you get something hand written in the mail, you know)?

My Scottish address is:
Katie Beck
YWAM Scotland
9 Glenbryde Road
West Kilbride, Scotland
KA23 9NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment